Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Room two

Alright, I’m ready to unveil another room!

I have officially become obsessed. Any mention with DIY, garage sales, Goodwill, flea market, design blogs, or Pinterest, and my heart is sent aflutter. In all seriousness, it really is great to have found such a fun hobby to keep up with. I am first a wife and mother, but this gives me an outlet just for ME!

Dining Room when we bought the house:

Dining room phase one: (such a long story, but its a TERRIBLE picture because I had to take a picture of the picture on my old phone…haha!)

Our dining room has undergone several changes. And not just the original ones! I must have rearranged and redecorated and changed the style 100 times now. I just couldn’t get that room right. I think it all stemmed from the color. I loved the “Coffee Bean” paint swatch, but once it got on our wall- not so much. I originally had reds and browns in the room and I think that added to my distaste. Everything I tried just wasn’t working!

Then Emily gifted me a bluish/green table she couldn’t use in her house anymore, and I decided to go a whole different direction!

Dining Room NOW!

The blue and white has lightened the whole room so much!

Now for all the fun behind the scene details…

First, Michael and his dad replaced the carpeting with hardwood floors.

Then, Ryan primed and primed and primed because the previous owner did a crackle effect (or something) that would NOT cover!

I love this room because nearly everything was re-vamped, a hand me down, or thrifted. It is like a treasure hunt for me…SO fun! :)

The dark brown china cabinet in the first set of pictures was given to us from Michael’s Aunt and Uncle. I painted it blue and the inside white and changed out the knobs.

The white candle holders used to be black but not after I got a hold of some spray paint! I also painted my Aunt’s green baker’s rack in the corner white!

Will I have rearranged everything again by the time this blog circulates? Oh, absolutely. But I have to keep life fun for Michael. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment